While the origins of librarianship in Grosuplje may be traced back to the time before World War II, Grosuplje Library became the municipal library of the Municipality of Grosuplje in 1962, and today it also co-ordinates the work of its branch libraries in Ivančna Gorica and Dobrepolje and lending units in Krka, Stična, Šentvid pri Stični, and Višnja Gora.
The library strives to stimulate reading and information literacy of children, young people, and adults, and to increase the cultural activity in the region by way of organising various events, exhibitions, book presentations, storytelling hours, literary evenings, and creative workshops. It features a local collection department, which preserves and maintains all kinds of book and non-book material that hold information on the region. Within its collection are documents and letters of the writer Louis Adamič, whose memorial room in nearby Praproče the library also oversees.
In addition to a reading room with computer and AV equipment, the library houses a newspaper café where library-goers can enjoy their favourite newspaper or magazine with a cup of coffee or tea. The premises also incorporate the Koščak Memorial Room from 1923, which now hosts various events and also serves as a municipal wedding chamber.