Bleiweisova cesta 4, SI-4000 Kranj
386 (0) 4 201 4200
386 (0) 4 201 4213
Marija Volčjak, Editor in Chief
Gorenjski glas has its roots in the newspaper called Gorenjc, first published in 1900. It was published until 1916, was resurrected in 1934 and once again discontinued in 1941. Then in 1944, even while WWII was still raging, Gorenjski glas saw its first three editions published. It came into regular circulation in 1947 as a weekly and after some time established itself as a semiweekly newspaper.
A notable and more recent fact: Gorenjski glas is – as of 2013 – run and owned by its own employees, the journalists.
The online portal Gorenjskiglas.si is currently the 50th most-visited Slovene website, attracting 2.2 per cent of Slovene internet users every month.