National cultural institutions
There are 31 national cultural institutions that were founded by the Government of the Republic of Slovenia:
- 9 museums and galleries, and 1 institute for the protection of cultural heritage;
- 4 theatre houses (2 of which house opera and ballet), and 1 theatre institute;
- 1 philharmonic;
- 1 cinematheque, 1 film studio, and the Slovenian Film Centre (foundation);
- 1 cultural and congress centre;
- 1 public agency for books;
- 1 national library;
- 6 archival institutions (regional archives) – the national archive (ARS) makes a part of the Ministry of Culture;
- 1 foundation for cultural (amateur) activities;
- 1 botanical garden.
As public state entities, they are required to present their programmes to the Ministry of Culture, which then decides on their annual subsidy.
Articles in category "National cultural institutions"
The following 32 pages are in this category, out of 32 total.
- Slovene Ethnographic Museum
- Slovene Museum of Christianity
- Slovene National Theatre Maribor
- Slovene National Theatre Nova Gorica
- Slovene National Theatre Opera and Ballet Ljubljana
- Slovene Philharmonic
- Slovene Sports Museum
- Slovenian Book Agency
- Slovenian Cinematheque
- Slovenian Film Centre
- Slovenian Museum of Natural History
- Slovenian National Theatre Drama Ljubljana
- Slovenian Theatre Institute