Ravne na Koroškem Museum

From Culture.si




Contact

This logo is missing!

If you have it, please email it to us.



Muzej Ravne na Koroškem

Koroška c. 14, SI-2390 Ravne na Koroškem

Phone

386 (0) 2 870 6461

Fax

386 (0) 2 870 6461








Ravne na Koroškem Museum opened in 1953 at the Ravne Castle (Streiteben in German). In 2002 twelve Koroška municipalities signed agreement to constitute one Koroška Regional Museum that merged it with the Slovenj Gradec Museum. The management of the Ravne na Koroškem museum moved to administrative building of The Ravne Steelworks in the year 2003.


Location

The Ravne Castle is a fortress built in the 16th century by the Hebenstreits. In the 17th century a foundry was built close to the castle on a terrace beside the River Meža, and this later developed into the well-known steelworks.

Collection and sites

Nowadays permanent exhibitions housed in the castle include an ironworks collection, a mining collection, a forestry collection, a wood industry collection, an ethnological collection, and a lapidary collection. There is also an open-air museum. The museum runs several satellites, including the Prežihov Voranc Cottage; and the Mining and Ethnographic Collection, Črna na Koroškem. The Forma Viva Open Air Steel Sculpture Collection is located in Ravne na Koroškem.

See also

External links

Gallery

... more about "Ravne na Koroškem Museum"
Muzej Ravne na Koroškem +
+386 / 2 870 6461 +
46.546 +
Muzej Ravne na Koroškem +
14.962 +
SI-2390 Ravne na Koroškem +
Koroška c. 14 +
Ravne na Koroškem Museum opened in 1953 at the Ravne Castle (Streiteben in German). +
Ravne na Koroškem Museum opened in 1953 at the Ravne Castle (Streiteben in German). +
+386 / 2 870 6461 +
Ravne na Koroškem +
SI-2390 +
Has subobject"Has subobject" is a predefined property representing a container construct and is provided by Semantic MediaWiki.
EmailThis property is a special property in this wiki.